Christmas Cranberry Cake with butter sauce



My friend and I were talking on the phone, and she was making a Cranberry Cake for Christmas, with BUTTER sauce! As she was telling me..... I was already looking up the recipe..haha!

I've made this once or twice many years ago after getting the recipe from a co-worker, and that butter sauce is ridiculous. Ridiculous GOOD!!! 

I had leftover cream and a bag of cranberries, so I made a small 9" pan with this recipe. The cake itself is very dense,with a bit of tartness from the cranberries, and once that sauce is poured on top, every bite is sinfully delicious!

Such a pretty dessert for the holidays!

Cranberry Cake

3 Tbsp.butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1 c. evaporated milk
2 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 to 2 cups FRESH cranberries, sliced in half

Cream the butter and sugar, stir in the milk. Add the flour,baking powder and salt and mix. Gently stir in the cranberries. Pour in a greased 9" pan and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.

Butter Sauce

1 stick butter
1 c. heavy cream
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt the butter in a sauce pan, add the sugar and cream. Bring to a boil and boil until thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Pour warm over cake and enjoy!!!


1 comment:

Pam said...

Sounds delicious and a perfect dessert for this cold snowy weather!