Throwback Thursday






It's Throwback Thursday and I'm sharing a light and fun dessert....Butterfinger Cake!


Thursday, June 20, 2013



I was looking for a light, yet flavorful and delicious dessert, and this really fit the bill. The great thing about this recipe is it can be made with low fat ingredients,too. You just use fewer snack size butterfingers, and actually a few crushed butterfingers go quite far.

 Another fun thing would be to try different candy bars...heath, whoppers, and Nestle crunch all sound good to me. Or just different fruits would be good too

.Now I need to decide what I will choose next time I make this!



Butter Finger Dessert
my kitchen adventures

1 package sugar free fat free instant vanilla pudding
1 1/2 c. low fat milk
1 (8 oz.) tub light whipped topping, 
1 angel food cake
butterfingers, crushed (I used about 8 snack size bars, but you could get by with 4)

Mix the milk and pudding , beating for 2 minutes until thickened. Fold in the whipped topping. Tear the angel food cake into pieces. Place half in a 9x13 pan. Pour half of the pudding mixture on top. Sprinkle with butterfingers. Repeat. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments: