Texas Sheet Cake for 2


Oh my! Look at that icing.

This will satisfy any chocolate craving.

I used to love to make Texas Sheet Cake, but it makes such a BIG pan. With just the 2 of us..... that can be DANGEROUS!



I was so happy when I found this recipe that makes just 2 single servings ....and actually each one is enough for 2 servings. They are so rich, half of one is just about right. 




IF you can save the other half for later, that is.


Texas Sheet Cake for 2

3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
3 Tbsp. water

Microwave until melted and cocoa powder is dissolved. Stir and set aside.

1/4 c. plus 1 Tbsp. flour
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. baking powder

Mix dry ingredients and add to cocoa mixture.

1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. buttermilk

Mix egg, vanilla and buttermilk and add to the rest of the mixture. Pour into 2 greased 8 oz. ramekins. Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool just a bit. While still slightly warm, pour frosting on top:

1 Tbsp. melted butter
2 tsp. cocoa powder
2 Tbsp. milk
1/2 c. powdered sugar ( I added a bit more)
2 T. chopped pecans ( I omitted)

1 comment:

Donna said...

Oh yum! I know what is for dessert this evening, thank you!