Greek Yogurt and Cake Mix



I've been meaning to try this low fat cake recipe for a long time, so I decided TODAY was the day!

I grabbed a cake mix and 2 individual containers of vanilla Greek yogurt (80 cal) at the store, hurried home and mixed it up! The only other ingredient was a cup of water. 

Well....I did sprinkle on a few chocolate chips here and there, as I was not planning on icing it. 

Pinned it, tried it, and LOVED it!

I think this is much better than the can of pumpkin and cake mix recipe.....much lighter.... and the chocolate taste comes through much better.

It was delicious! I plan on trying a lemon cake mix next.





Low fat Cake with Greek Yogurt

1 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2 individual 5.3 oz.) 
1 cake mix
1 c. water
Mix and bake in a 9 x 13 for about 20 to 30 minutes.( I found this baked much quicker than the directions on the box)

2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Thanks for the fabulous recipe! I will try it, too!

diane said...

Wow.
I think I'm going to have to give this a try!!!!
Thanks for sharing.
diane @ thoughts&shots